Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) cases have risen over the years due to the rise in traumatic events in today’s society. PTSD refers to the mental health and behavioral state developing as a result of traumatic experiences in a person’s life. This article will focus on the treatment of this condition using psilocybin mushrooms.
Experiences resulting in PTSD include accidents, sexual/physical abuse, military fighting, difficult childhood, and natural disasters such as an earthquake. It is characterized by hallucinations, nightmares, flashbacks, avoiding people or places, and guilt among others. These experiences lead to depression and anxiety in the individual, thus calling for treatment.
Treatment methods include physical therapy sessions, anxiety therapy, and the use of anti-depression drugs. However, scientists have through research, discovered the use of psychedelics to treat PTSD. One of the psychedelic drugs that has become increasingly used is the psilocybin mushroom.
Benefits of psilocybin in treating PTSD
- It is not chemically or psychologically addictive, unlike, other drugs which can make the body cells non-functional if not used and make the person think that they will not physically function without it.
- It leads to a positive experience that makes the patient feel less afraid. When the patient is free of fear and stress, it leads to joy. The patient can confront the traumatic incident without trigger, leading to less reactivity, less self-implication, and increased self-compassion.
- Research on the psilocybin mushroom uses to treat PTSD has shown that it emits neurotransmitters and trust hormones in the brain. This is helpful in that the victim can focus and handle stress. It is also important in the regulation of mood and sleep.
- Research has also shown that psilocybin mushroom uses to treat PTSD has resulted in patients having more energy. Therefore, they can do more activities and have better performance at work.
- psilocybin mushroom uses to treat PTSD is only done in three sessions, which saves time. Preceding psychedelics, PTSD patients would go for ten to fifteen therapy sessions, it is, therefore, more effective and less expensive.
- It is essential in the repair and growth of brain cells. These cells are responsible for emotion and growth, by providing a mind hanging experience, it results in fulfillment and elevation of the patient’s life
- This drug does not any major negative effects unlike other PTSD treatments
Risks associated with the use of Psilocybin mushroom to treat PTSD
Despite the numerous benefits, the use of this drug still poses a few risk factors. The unpleasant trips which help the victim to open up may end up bringing thoughts of the unpleasant experience. There are also physical side effects associated with the use of the drug which include the loss of appetite, nausea, muscular tension, and a rise in body temperature.
The use of this drug to treat post-traumatic stress disorder is a great discovery by scientists in this era. It is a huge milestone in dealing with not only PTSD but also other lifestyle ailments. However, it is yet to be ratified in all countries. The relevant authority is on the road to approving it based on further satisfactory research. Patients and caregivers should embrace the use of this drug as it gives tangible results within a short period. Its benefits outweigh the risks posed.
Get More Information Online :